Confirmation Agreement & Sponsor Information Form (due October 6) – to commit to the Confirmation preparation process and inform us of each candidate’s sponsor. Prayerfully reflect on the choice of sponsor. Keep in mind the sponsor will sign a form attesting that he/she:
- Is not the candidate’s mother or father
- Is at least sixteen years of age
- Is registered in a Catholic parish community
- Has received the Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, and Holy Eucharist in the Catholic Church
- Participates in Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation and receive the sacraments of Holy Eucharist and Reconciliation regularly
- Strives to live a Christian life through prayer, conforming to the teachings of Christ, and supporting the Church in her mission
- Intends to pay special attention to the religious education and development of the candidate through prayer, encouragement, and good example
- If married, has received the Sacrament of Matrimony according to the laws of the Catholic Church
Confirmation Saint Name, Service & Gown Rental Fee (due December 1) – to inform us of the saint name each candidate will use as part of the Rite of Confirmation as well as documentation of at least fifteen hours of Service Learning Projects from the start of seventh grade until December of eighth grade. As long as the candidate receives no payment and the work does not oppose Church teaching the hours should count. One area of need at the parish includes providing assistance at religious education classes on Sunday mornings from 8:30-10:10 a.m.
Each candidate will be expected to memorize the nine Bishop’s Questions and Answers for the Confirmation Mass.
Report Guidelines for Religious Education Students
SAINT REPORT Due November 7:
After researching various possibilities and praying for inspiration, choose a saint’s name to be your Confirmation name. Type a report, and submit it to your catechist. The report should be two double-spaced pages in Times New Roman font, size 12, focusing on basic details about the saint including feast day, what made him/her holy, and why you selected that saint as a patron. Do not copy and paste material since that is plagiarizing. Please do not include pictures or graphics. Cite your sources.
SERVICE LEARNING PROJECT REPORT Due December 12:
Complete at least 15 hours of service learning projects. Type a report and submit it to your catechist. The report should be two double-spaced pages in Times New Roman font, size 12, describing the service completed, why you chose that type of service, what you learned, and how the service relates to the Corporal and/or Spiritual Works of Mercy highlighted on pages 286-288 of the textbook. Please do not include pictures or graphics.